Friday, 7 July 2017

Latest articles in Writing Magazine

The August edition of Writing Magazine is now out - some holiday reading for keen writers - and includes two regular pieces from me.

The first is on my 'Beginners' page, and called 'Nota bene' - which deals with the topic of making notes, especially of random thoughts - and why you should do so.

Like many writers, I admit to peppering my house with stickies, each containing a jumble of letters which are meaningless to anyone else. But these are what I call notes in transit, hopefully containing the potential to grow into something substantial - if I leave them to fester long enough and they don't get swept away with my other clutter.

The fact is, creative writing is not a linear activity but an on-going and often random one. And note writing is still writing. It's just a little scattered, that's all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This month's New Author profile is on N.M. Brown, whose debut 'The Girl on the Bus' came out in April via Bloodhound Books. His story concept is simple and traditional: a girl climbs on board an interstate bus... then disappears. And a close friend enlists somebody to find her.

Sounds simple enough, although like all good stories, it's anything but.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment